Are you ready? Registration for the 2013 TTC Knitalong is now open!
This year's TTC Knitalong will be on Saturday, July 20 from approximately 11am - 7pm
NEW THIS YEAR!
Every year we try to improve the TTC Knitalong, making it a better adventure for knitters and a more productive fundraiser for our charitable cause, Sistering. Some of the new changes for this year:
A slight increase in the cost to participate - the TTC Knitalong now costs $15 per participant. In exchange for this participation fee you get:
- a couple of intrepid volunteer captains who will guide you and your team through a yarn-filled day of adventure
- discounts between 10-20% at all participating yarn stores plus special sale items, refreshments and other fun activities at many of the stores
- a cute TTC-Knitalong tote bag filled with coupons, freebies and other cool knitting swag
- the chance to win some incredible prizes at the closing ceremonies
- and last but not least... the majority of your participation fee will go directly to Sistering, our charitable partner here in Toronto. Last year we successfully raised over $1200 for this amazing organization, this year our goal is to do even better!
The chance to visit new stores! For the first time in a long time we are thrilled to announce 3 new stores have been added to our routes! Look closely at the schedule and maps as we've 'shaken up' the previous colour schemes and past routes to send knitters via TTC to even more yarn-y corners of the city.
New team names - this year we're changing up the colour scheme and adding a fun new twist! Each team is now named for a popular knitting stitch or technique. Don't worry though, you don't have to knit nothing but garter stitch if you sign up for Team Garter Stitch! For the full list of teams and which yarn stores they visit, please visit the registration page here.
Registration streamlining - to make registration simpler and more fair, we've changed our registration procedure just a bit. For the first 5 days (until noon on Saturday, June 8) we are only accepting direct individual registrations. This means if you want a spot on a team, you have to send us an email personally with your contact information and team choice. Why are we doing this? To make the more popular routes more accessible to everyone! If you want to be together with a friend or friend we don't guarantee anything in the first week. After June 8 we will accept joint signups, all you need to do is send us an email with both of your contact details and your team choices, and we will do our best to accommodate your group.
Looking for more info? Check out: